Friday, July 6, 2007

Two-Way Street

Why Two-Way Street?

Well, it's actually very simple. I felt like having my own spot on the web where I can post ideas and comments on various topics and a blog seemed a good way to do just that. Don't expect any first-class literary material or stuff like that. I am a two-way street, an extremely busy one... On the one hand I am an information junkie, I love information on, well, basically anything. I read tons of newspapers, magazines, websites, etc every single week and locking me up with Discovery Channel and the History Channel for a week is actually not even near to torture to me. I seriously read about everything, for some reason I love to know things especially about stuff that actually at first doesn't interest me. The result of this hunger for information is that I like to pass that information on very much :) This is the other direction of the two-way street. I love to tell people, actually mainly my friends, about stuff I've read about even though they usually really couldn't care less. Sometimes this results in hilarious situations where I'm talking to a group of friends at the dinner table about some new bird species explorers discovered in the Amazon, only to discover at the end of my story that I'm not even sure if it actually truly interests myself haha. But it's all about passing on the information I pick up. Probably I now sound like some geeky nerd who lives in libraries while on the other hand loves attention talking about absolute crap, but I'm actually completely the opposite (well, maybe not the latter part...). So drop by now and then to catch up on stories that got caught up in my chaotic and busy two-way street and I feel are worth sharing with you ;)

2 comments:

Diana VW said...

Yay!! You have a blog!!! I'm so excited! How come you immediately get ads and I still have public service ads??

JW said...

Probably because I put the AdSense application on my blog. Did you do that? You have to set up an AdSense account through google and then you can choose how you want it presented on your blog. Mail me if you don't get it.