Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Finally arrived in Singapore

(not the typical Sing skyline pic, but the view from the balcony)

At last the long wait is over and I actually am in Singapore. It's great to be here again. Today I woke up at around 12.30 after a horrible jet-laggy night of waking up and falling a sleep again for short periods. After that I went for a walk down Orchard Road to soak up capitalism at its best, Starbucks here, Gucci there, Prada over there, D&G accross the road, Mc Donalds everywhere haha, but it's cool as there's definitely A LOT to do. I can already see the slight changes Singapore has been experiencing over the past years. One example is that in Watson's (like Boots, or Etos for the Dutch readers) the Durex condoms are in a rack next to the cash register in plain sight WAAAA soo progressive and liberal, lah! ("lah" = common suffix here by the way just like in Malaysia). Wanted to pick up a simple Singaporean Singtel sim card for my phone and even for pre-paid they need a passport so have to go back to get one. Will pass it on asap to those who want it. Tonight I'm going to meet up with Giovanna who will be room mate for the rest of the year. She's busy all day with a La Perla fashion show somewhere in town, I better get an invite next time... :) Alright gonna head back with my passport this time.


(My new best friend :) haha)

2 comments:

x said...

what a cute puppy!

Diana VW said...

Echt een leuke chihuahua! Did you see the apartment yet? Email/skype me! xxx